New Meds Need Help

friday7

HI. I've been taking Seroquel for sleeping for a while but recently my doctor increased it to 300 to 350 for sleep. Since I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. I had tried trazadone before that and woke with night terrors. So he also prescribed Minipress which is a blood pressure med.

I was a little concerned about that but figured I could alter my salt tabs..maybe add a tab to keep my pressure from lowering. I also figured this would be temporary, since I am not taking the ttrazadone anymore. I just haven't seen him yet to see about discontinuing the minipress.

I was also recently put on Prozac.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone had trouble with any of these meds and raised blood pressure.

See the thing is normally I take four salt tabs and load my food with salt to keep my pressure around 120/80.That's where I feel best.

But since taking this combo, My pressure has actually raised? I've very confused since I thought most of these drugs could lower the pressure.

I was wondering if the minipress was similar to a beta blocker , where POTS patients are known to have the opposite effect and have their pressure raised rather than lowered.

I do have a doctors appointment later this week. But i'm just curious if anyone has been on any of these meds and had your pressure raised.