Anyone Went To A Maximized Living Chiropractor?

hilbiligrl

I was just wandering if anyone has been to a chiropractor who practices and is a 'maximized living' chiropractor. Or they are also called a 'corrective care' chiropractor. I was wandering if this type of chiropractor is beneficial to people like us???

thanks!

tennille

p.s. if you aren't sure, i can post a website that explains what is it all about.... but im not sure if i can post a website on here? it wouldn't be for advertisement, it's just one i've found and have been reading up on it..... not sure if i can afford this kind of stuff though, id say it's expensive :(

Hi GF!!

I've thought about you often since you have been through so much this past year. How are you doing? How is your husband? Is everyone getting along better now? Anyway, hope you are doing well and it's great that you are here posting.

Re: your question. I do not know about that type of chirpractor but I went to see a chiro when I first got sick and I did have positive outcomes albeit only slight improvement. He would offer a brief massage by a massage therapist prior to his adjustments and he also required his patients to perform very easy exercises to loosen yet strengthen muscles. I enjoyed it and went as long as my insurance paid for it.

Hi GF!!

I've thought about you often since you have been through so much this past year. How are you doing? How is your husband? Is everyone getting along better now? Anyway, hope you are doing well and it's great that you are here posting.

Re: your question. I do not know about that type of chirpractor but I went to see a chiro when I first got sick and I did have positive outcomes albeit only slight improvement. He would offer a brief massage by a massage therapist prior to his adjustments and he also required his patients to perform very easy exercises to loosen yet strengthen muscles. I enjoyed it and went as long as my insurance paid for it.

It's so good to hear from you Lovebug!!! The hubbs has made a wonderful recovery and started back to towing as soon as his heart doc said it was ok.... he works around the clock and has done so very well. He has tons to be thankful for.... seriously... .he is one lucky man to have recovered so well. It took a month to get his heart back into rhythm and since then he's really has no issues or probs and works all the time, he's doing so very well. After he got off many meds, he calmed down, thankfully and we are doing well :) Although he still throws a tantrum every now and again, but not like that one right after he got out of the hospital. I think it's his age and he just gets a big grumpy. I do notice he is tiring down very quickly.......

I am still struggling with all the illness, but am thankful for the good days that i have. I still remain with about only 2 functional days a week, the other days are very difficult. But im making some progress with my doctor and all. A few weeks ago he wrote down that i have 'chronic autonomic dysfunction', 'mcad', 'chronic fatigue syndrome', gluten intolerance..... we also have talked about elhers danlos, and he believes i have that, but not confirmed. We are working together with a 'plan' and sometimes altering it here and there and i make small improvements along the way. They may be small, but they are improvements, and im very grateful for them. I'm changing over to a gluten free, sugar free lifestyle and going organic and fresh...... i mess up a little here and there.... but i notice more improvement. Hopefully very soon i'll be one it 100% and not messing up.... as it's so hard to get used to, and it's so hard to change the way you look at food and hard to change my food behavior..... but im trying very hard and im more than sure i can do it. I am also implementing yin yoga as well, and a few supplements, and also marinol, but i can't afford it, so i am applying for assistance, as it's the only med that will work for the constant nausea and vomiting and diarrhea that is so intense.

But, i take it hour by hour and day by day.... good days, bad days, and very very bad days..... but i still have my humor, wit, sarcasm and laughter as much as i can. Oh and i also have a new therapist who is in my doctors office, who works with his chronically ill patients.... i really like her and im hoping she can teach me coping mechanisms when i have my meltdowns on the days that im severely sick, which are at least 3 times a week....... im thankful for that 'team' (my doc and his psychologist, all in his office, all in one place!!!)

Thank you for asking about me :) and I hope that you are doing so well!!! Happy New Year to you my dear!!!!

tennille :)

Hi Tennille,

I did see a chiro for a long time (before and after I got sick) and he really helped me tremendously. I am pretty sure he is the only thing that kept me going at all before I got my diagnosis and some specialized care. He is on the other side of town and I am not comfortable driving that far to see him at this point or I'd still be on his table twice a week! He helped with everything from migraines, musculoskelatal pain, facial pain, GI upset, and of course when all these things felt better, my overall well-being was better (even if only for 2-3 days at a time.) If you have the means or insurance, it is definitely worth a try.

Glad things are improving for you. Happy New Year!

Katie

tennille

Great to hear of the improvements! I know what you mean about moment to moment as that is exactly how my body is. However, I've made imrprovements and can function relatively well. Just miserable going to work (or just existing) on certain days/moments.

Hang in there and Happy New Year!!!!