Tryptase Question. What If It's Only Slightly Elevated?

Maiysa

Went to allergist and he is checking me for MCAD. I keep having flushing for several years since I've acquired the idiopathic autonomic neuropathy. But of course 2 weeks before tryptase blood test I am feeling surprisingly good. Anyhow, my test showed only 1 point above normal. Normal being 1-10. So it was an 11. The doctor said, well you have tryptase but it doesn't mean anything. He was very compassionate and said it's obvious that you don't feel well and we need to give you a better quality of life. I'm having so much pain and headaches so he is going to try a few things. I can tell he cares. He said he is aware that I had a serious lung infection for almost two years and it has kicked my system on high alert and we need to calm it down. So none of this was the problem, but I noticed he wrote on the diagnosis besides idiopathic autonomic neuropathy, orthostatic intolerance, thyroid disease, cancer, fibromyalgia, recurrent lung infection that he wrote...neurocirculatory asthenia. I looked it up and it means anxiety related. What??? I'm confused since I'm not an anxious person nor have I ever ever gone into hyperventilation or had a panic attack which is part of this diagnosis for neurocirculatory asthenia...but when I'm going into fainting spells and some of them cause seizures, yes, then I do get anxious or if my thyroid is too hyper. But never ever have I hyperventilated or couldn't catch my breath which was part of this new diagnosis. Sometimes I faint from just sitting on the couch doing nothing. It has nothing to do with anxiety. So now on top of all those diagnosis's, I now have psychosamatic. I don't even get upset anymore. He was very kind and said, that the autonomic neuropathy type that I have is very rare and can make me not feel good....but I'm wondering why the psychosamatic diagnosis if he knows I am sick. I wish to God this was in my head. Then it would be easy to fix. I only went to him for allergies and he started checking into things. I can tell he wants to help, but he said nothing is showing up in my blood work, so there is nothing. It made me laugh, because I thought, wow...aren't all of those things you wrote down enough!