Any Suggestions For Otc Medications For A Cold And Cough?

mwise

I am home in bed with a terrible cold, sore throat, headache, cough & runny nose. This is my real 1st cold I had since I got sick and really nervous about having it. I tried OTC-Theraflu and Nyquil with horrible side effects. I am just taking Ibuprofen and 1000mg of Vitamin C along with my normal medications now. I have a call out to my Neurologist to see if he has anything to recommend. I am open to try something else to get rid of this cold. Any suggestions are welcome.

hiya,

i'm sorry you're not feeling well <hugs>

most oral decongestant medcations seem to make my PoTS worse (dunno if that's just me of if it's the norm for PoTSy people). so for a sore throat i use a honey and lemon syrup and to clear my head i add a few menthol crystals to some hot steamy water and breathe in the mentholly steam with a towel over my head (and over the bowl). when i'm out and about i put some olbus oil (or vics sinex stuff) on a hankie and sniff it to clear my nose and sinuses. and for the fever and extra aches i use normal paracetamol

i'd prefer to use those all in one preparations that you buy cos that'd be soo much easier, but for me the extra work is worth it as i feel soo much healthier without the PoTS flare that i always get with the ready prepared stuff. for a long time i use to think the cold flared up my PoTS massively but actually the flare is much smaller than i expected- it was mostly the oral decongestants! :rolleyes::lol:

hope you feel better soon!

fi