Mayo Pots Clinic Appt Coming Up... Any Tips?

ACB

I've got an appointment coming up next Mon-Fri for testing and consults at Mayo MN. I'm really looking forward to learning more about what's going on!

I know a number of dinet members have been up there. If anyone has any tips they'd like to offer, I'd love to hear them! Anything from what to expect to restaurants to whatever else might seem useful.

My husband and I are making the drive up from Oklahoma this coming weekend. We're not flying because I think my sound sensitivity would be through the roof in the airport and because I have a superficial blood clot (and who knows what else might be lurking in my leg).

We've got the week booked at the Kahler Inn and Suites. Its all connected to the buildings at the downtown campus. We'll just have to drive over to St Mary's one day for the TTT.

It seems like I read a post sometime ago that mentioned that you can request each day's medical records at the end of the day. Does anyone know if that's the case and where to do that?

Thanks to everyone for making this forum so incredibly helpful!

Thanks, kcmom! Yes, I was diagnosed via TTT in late February '10.

Dietary changes don't seem to have helped POTS, but they're making me feel better in other ways, so that's good!

Levine's exercise protocol was working wonders until I finished it and moved on to a more strenuous protocol recommended by his team. A couple weeks after beginning it, I began to have increased symptoms and then developed a superficial blood clot that won't go away. So, that's not good. I haven't been able to work out for weeks now and my symptoms are creeping back. I'll be so glad to talk to some pros at Mayo.

My schedule doesn't have me listed with one particular doc, so I called and asked about that. A woman in the cardio dept told me that I'll be meeting with several people, including Dr David Bradley and Dr Alison. I've read good things about Bradley, but know nothing about Alison. Plus, I'll be meeting with a nurse in the dept several times across the week.