Rash And Itch All Over!!

mynagirl

Hi all,

I'm a POTSer with possible EDS / collagen disorder (seeing geneticist next month for evaluate). Over the past 24 hours, I started to itch and I've now got bumps or a rash all over my body. Not quite big enough to be hives, but the areas are turning pretty red and nasty where the itch is worst and I cant help scratching. My face, hands, and feet are basically unaffected, but everything else has the rash, including my bright red ears and an enormously itchy scalp. On my torso it's faint red dots evenly distributed, like a heat rash. On my back, legs and arms it's more pronounced. I've taken three benadryl with no seeming help.

I' m thinking maybe a drug interaction; i've just recently quit breastfeeding and am on meds to control the POTS as well as my extreme joint pain. Yesterday I took a Celebrex and then my Mestinon and half a Vicodin several hours later. I hadn't taken the Celebrex for a week or more because of intense intestinal distress - although I've been diagnosed with IBS after a clean colonoscopy, I was starting to worry about ulcerative colitis given a big family history of it.

As I sit here and basically writhe in intense pain and itching I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go to the ER.

Anything particularly autonomic come to mind??

Thanks for any thoughts...

Marie

I hope by the time you've read this, that you will have already gone to the ER. Hives and a rash all over is nothing to mess around with. I had hives for a few days and thought it was nothing and on the 3rd day, I am not trying to scare you, but it went into anaphylactic shock and barely had time to get to the hospital. Now, this is not always the norm, but it's just not worth it. I can say that before this, I would just let it go for a day or so, but now I wouldn't chance it after my experience. Good luck and I hope that all is well!