I'm Being Awakened By Shaking...

Maiysa

Hi..I'm new and have questions daily since I'm just new to the diagnosis. I have autonomic neuropathy, and I know that most on here have POTS. So sorry to hear. For years during an infection I wasn't able to stand for very long or do much. Now it only happens occasionally, sometimes very severely to the point of unconsciousness for long periods and the ambulance or hospital is usually in my future. Anyhow, I feel so ignorant about all this, but since I was diagnosed I have not been back to the doctor with my array of questions since he is far away and Mayo is not on our health insurance. So hope you all don't mind my questions. I keep waking up to feeling like I'm being shaken. I thought I was imagining it, but once I was awake I realized I was really shaking or like my body was buzzing. I took my blood pressure at 1 am while I was semi propped up. My blood pressure was 85/55 and my heart rate was 138. I would fall back to sleep and feel like I was fainting...in my sleep. I know that sounds wacky, but I kept taking my blood pressure and it showed the same numbers. But when I sat up, my heart rate would get back to normal and my blood pressure stayed a little low. I had cardiology work up done and all it showed was some regurgitation in one of the valves, some palpitations, abnormal rythms, and heart rate average of 117 about the same time every night while I was asleep. He said nothing to worry about. Anyhow, am I the only one that does this? Is my blood pressure cuff not working? Or maybe the cuffs don't work right during a semi-lying down position?

Hi Maiysa and welcome to the boards. I too am being wakened by shaking of my biceps and triceps during sleep - quite concerning as it is not just a light shake it is rather fast and hard and in the mornings my arms actually ache from all the contracting they have been doing over night. I haven't an answer for you but will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully someobne will come along soon to answer you :)

I have the same issues. My bp drops with lying down and is high with upright posture. I have HyperPOTS. My low bp's wake me up and I am shaking when it happens. Do you sleep with your head eleveated? This is very necessary to keep your bp's elevated at night. It has helped me some to do this. I still have the issues though. Also, have you been checked for apenea? I have this also - my brain doesn't tell me to breathe. I also have obstructive apenea. There are two kinds. You're not going crazy - some of us do have this issue.

Issie

Thank you Issie. I will definitely have to prop myself up when I sleep when I'm feeling like that. I did better last night. I also have a bit of hyperthyroid, so that might be doing it also and my husband reminded me that I took a bit of B12 earlier that day. It's mixed with my iron. Sometimes it affects me and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure that didn't help. I only took a tiny 1/4 teaspoon of the iron and there wasn't that much B12, but enough. It's definitley an adventure everyday to see what my body is going to do next. smile.gif