Cold feet

kristinp29

Hi,

Now that it's winter here in Wisconsin, it seems like I just cannot keep my feet warm. Even when the rest of my body is toasty warm, my feet are freezing. It doesn't seem to matter if they are in two pairs of socks and some slippers, they're still cold!! Have any of you experienced this problem? If so, how do you get your feet warm?

Thanks! :(

Kristin

Yep - big problem for me. I thought it was the midwest winters, but I've lived in the South for 9 years now and it's still a problem.

Some ideas:

* soak your feet in hot water, then immediately put warm socks on (it's even better if they are freshly warm from the dryer or warmed in front of the heater) and then wrap your feet in a blanket or warm boot slippers (I can't survive without my boot slippers! :-))

* do some aerobic exercise if you can to get your overall body temp up

* sit with your feet directly in front of the space heater, but beware - it dries your feet out, so you'll want to be sure to use lotion often

* Bed, Bath & Beyond has a pair of gel-heated socks - they are white tube socks with a pocket under the sole for a microwave-heatable gel pack. (I received some for Christmas this year.) The warmth lasts longer than most of these types of products. The drawback is that you can't walk on the gel packs, so you have to stay seated or lying down while wearing them.

* drink a cup of hot liquid fairly quickly

Good luck!

well, my vote on this topic is ALWAYS for cosysole slippers. www.cosysoles.com.

you are not alone with this symptom. you will have to bring in outside heat from some source to your feet b/c they aren't gonna warm up no matter how many layers! :( other options: electric blanket, hot water bottle, and all of opus's suggestions. i like the cosy soles b/c you can walk around in them. i use them all year round b/c i always have cold feet. hope this helps!

emily

Emily,

I looked up the Cosy Soles as I sat at work with FREEZING feet. They look terrific, so I ordered a pair. I can even see myself bringing them to work with me (good thing our office is casual!) - we're on carpet but it's over a cement floor, which does keep the floor colder.

It says to allow 9 days to deliver, so I'll have to be patient - which is not my strong suit!

Thanks so much for mentioning these!

patience? what's that? it is so hard! but, i know i need to learn it!

anyway, i am soooo glad you got the cosysoles. you will not regret one dime of what you spent on them. they are just worth every penny. i cannot tell you how much relief they have given me. the best is that they really warm you WHOLE foot. i have said this before...but i searched and searched and searched until i found them...so i am so grateful to share the info. if it will help someone else with their cold feet.

hey, in college, before i got sick...i used to bring slippers and gloves to the library to study b/c it was so cold! so, go right ahead and wear your slippers at work! they're not exactly fashionable, but they work and that's all that matters! i know i'll miss them at the hospital! i ordered myself some new slippers too and it says i will get them tomorrow and i can't wait! so i hear you on patience! (not cosy soles, just regular ones)

okay, gotta go...but was so pleased to see your post. pleased as punch :)

let me know how you like them...

emily

From your neighbor in Minnesota, try this:

1) Keep feet dry

2) Get a heavy duty plastic bag, and put some rice in it. Heat the rice in the micro, and stick the "rice sachets" :) in your outer socks (polar fleece, smart wool, etc.) for a few minutes. First pull on the nylon layer socks, then stick on the heated outer socks (without the sachets) :) . This should give some nice insulation.

3) Invest in some very good Sorrel boots for outside - warmest ever made.

4) When desperate, it's bath time!

5) At night, stick them under the person lying next to you :) (My fiance loves this one).

Good luck!

I have suffered from cold feet (and cold hands!) all of my life!! When I was young it was a great torcher device against my older brother. :) I've always either sucked it up (especially at work), a warm foot soak followed by cream & thick socks or the tried & true...a warm body to sick them next too or under!! :)

Opus, my mom got me those gel socks for Christmas! They are great!!

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

Emily, you are my hero. Those cosysoles are AWESOME!!! Warm and comfy.

Hey, gang - they are $50 plus shipping. This might seem hard to justify at first, but OH MY GOODNESS are they worth it!!!