Started Exercise Program

nunntrio

Hi all, I have not posted much lately but now that my kids are back in school I have a little more time to check in :) Anyway, I started Dr. Levines program and had something very strange happen. As most of you know the program involves keeping your heart rate in a targeted zone. Well today while working out I noticed that I would have my HR in the zone then suddenly it would drop instantly 30-70 bpm. Then 20 seconds later I would be back in my normal zone. For example I went from 138 down to 67 then back up into the 130's all in a matter of 60 seconds or less. This happened at least 4 time during a 1/2 hour workout. I have used this monitor previously with no issue but will test it on my husband to make sure it is not the monitor or user error. Any thoughts? Is this just normal POTS variation or is there possibly something else going on. I have really just started to I have no real previous workout to compare.

hi nunntrio, glad you're back! i've noticed the drops in heartrate too, though my drops aren't as dramatic as yours. my pt (both in rehab and "normal") got a bit scared so i promised to talk it over with my cardio. not sure why it happens but it doesn't make me feel very bad. i can imagine your drops should be seen by your cardio so that he can decide what (not to) do!

take care,

corina :)