Talking To A Psychologist?

Hi Shayna,

I'm living in MN, but I wanted to let you know I see a therapist regularly and it helps loads. I had stopped seeing her for awhile, but after the POTS came on, I started going again. It really does help me stay positive and also assess what I need to cope. It's a great way to unload the stress this stuff causes. Good luck. I hope you find someone helpful!

Cheers,

Heather

Hey! I am also living in MN, but getting counseling was the best decision I made in regards to my healthcare. It made such a difference in my life, I can't even tell you. I also saw a psychologist for a while, and that was good too, but I liked the separation from the medical world I got with the counseling. The first one I had was free from a church, and she was so wonderful. And the second one I had was from a counseling center, and she was also so great!!

Seriously. Cheerleaders for your soul.

Liz

Hi all:

I live in TN, so unfortunately, i know nothing about CA... lol. But, i do have a therapist... as i need her at some times... other times, i just get on here and read, read, read..... as oddly as it seems, it provides a different kind of therapy for me that my therapist can't offer. However, she is great and i really like her. We just talk about my diesease, the frustrations of it, and she tries hard to understand.

I think it's a great idea for anyone to find a therapist, phsyc, or support group if available...... it seems we need every 'weapon' available out there just to stay afloat.

Hope you find a good one.... and if at first you dont find a good one, go on to someone else. I went through 3 therapists before settling with the one i have.....

best wishes :)

tennille