Central Nervous System Stimulants

Allene

Alright, well, I was put on Focalin last week for ADD. I've noticed a tremendous difference in my dysautonomia symptoms since then. It works on a daily basis, and wears off 10-12 hours after it's taken, and I can feel when it wears off because I start getting dizzy and lightheaded again. It has even helped with my fatigue a bit.

I was on it before, and now that I think back on it when they took me off it is when my dysautonomia started acting up again.

I did some research, and Focalin acts as a mild stimulant to the CNS. I know the ANS is part of the peripheral nervous system, which is not part of the CNS. I wondered, however, if stimulating the CNS has anything to do with this. My dad mentioned that it works as a vaso-constrictor (he knows about this kind of stuff), and I don't know if that's part of the CNS stimulation or what. But keeping my vessels constricted is good for me since they don't do it an their own and I get pooling which of course makes me tired and dizzy etc.

Thoughts?

• 4 months later...

My son is trying this (2nd day). He seems a little more irritable and had some bad stomach nausea the last couple days, but then he is often irritable and has stomach nausea :rolleyes: Hoping if this is contributing his body will adjust and this will get better. Mostly trying it for the fatigue and brain fog which has been more of a wall than fog.

Anyone else?