Came From A Psych Appointment After Waiting Months

lissy

Hey all

I suffer from depression and anxiety which has been a problem for many years, so I decided to make an appointment and see if meds would possibly benefit me somehow mentally and physically. The doc read over my history of emotional abuse, trauma, amongst other things.And told me I didn't need meds and I don't have depression or anxiety and my illness comes from drinking alcohol in the past. I then responded that I have been dxed with those conditions years ago accurately and I don't know how he could assume otherwise and he said I don't have the symptoms LOL I said you asked why I wanted medication and I said " I wanted to feel better" then I started naming off the feeling I have with the depression and anxiety he started writing the script...then I said well is there anything I should look out for (side-effects) he then replied "we write millions of these and if you have any side-effects it would be all in your head!

Can you believe this I took the script stood in the door way and he said see you in a month.I said maybe you won't because you have a very negative attitude and your not to professional, I wanted to say much more. I was in shock!

LOL about side effects being in your head. My poor husband can attest to the fact that I was on the couch sick for almost 4 days and lost 5 lbs. when I started Zoloft, and my reaction to Paxil was so bad at age 17 that my mom called the poison control hotline at 2:00 in the morning. I still have insomnia from Zoloft but I guess that is TECHNICALLY "in my head" :rolleyes:

I don't think a doctor with that kind of attitude is good for anyone. I have no qualms about ditching doctors who rush me, don't listen to me, or don't take me seriously. I collapsed and had a seizure earlier this year and the nurse who saw me told me I was fine and it wasn't abnormal. Really?? Thank god I ditched her, otherwise I would still think I was fainting and feeling miserable for no reason.

Good luck!