Add Meds Ritialin Adderal Etc.

kayjay

Hi all, I am looking for some help from you. I see my Doctor on Monday and I have Hyper pots. My exhaustion is a huge problem. I cannot work and drag myself around. I am lucky if I can get one thing done in a day. I have to nap and even though I have been diagnosed for almost 3 years my fatigue is no better.

Do any of you with Hyper Pots take something for an energy boost? Please share with me what you took and how it worked for you. My bp is all over the place but I have been on a beta blocker for 3 years. My quality of life is not to great because I can hardly force myself out of bed. Thanks for any info you can give. i am really thankful!

KayJay,

My dysautonomia was brought to the forefront of my life after I accidentally took my sons Ritalin one morning instead of my thyroid medicine. I was in the ER 4 hours later! They said it was a "panic attack" but it never went away and now that we know what the problem is we now know that Ritalin was the last thing I needed since I already had high norepi levels! Be careful with stimulants that raise those levels if you are already hyper POTS. Have you tried the 5hr Energy type stuff?

KC :rolleyes:

Thanks- KC no I haven't but I have a great diet and take vitamins.

Lenna- I have been mostly gf for well over a year. Completely Gluten free since September of 2010. I now have better hair, nails and no more IBS.... no energy boost at all but thanks for the thought.