immune system problem

dream02

Hi all,

Do any of you have problems with your immune system with your dysautonomia? I'm just wondering if it's a part of it. I was just released from the hospital. I had a septic infection, they think my portacath was the cause. They removed my port and put in a pick line for my antibotics. I seem to get every bug that's out there and now am getting bacterial infections. When I was admitted I had a high fever 103.7 but my white count was not elevated. Seems weird to me. Anyone else deal with this?

Denise

yes my immune system is very bad, dealing with alot of viral and bacterial infections along with the POTS, the symptoms from the infections often makes the POTS worse, its a vicious cycle, wish i had some advice to offer, just that i know what you are talking about,

radha

Found on www.care2.com:

Antibacterial Room Spray

Here is an excellent antiseptic and freshening room spray. It contains lavender and thyme oils, both of which are antiseptic and specifific to lung infections. If you are traveling, you might like to use it in your hotel room.

1. Fill a 2-ounce glass spray bottle with distilled water.

2. Add to it 7 drops of lavender oil and 4 drops of thyme oil.

3. Replace the spray top and spray!

Echinacea

Echinacea stimulates the immune system and helps the body rid itself of microbial infection. Echinace angustifolia and E. purpurrea are equally effective, and many products contain E. pallida as well. Start taking Echinacea tincture ?30 to 45 drops 3x a day?a week before traveling to obtain ints immune ?enhancing effects.

While all treatments work differently, depending on the individual, experience shows that Echinacea can knock out a cold if taken at the onset of symptoms.

Astragalus

Another effective immune-enhancing formula is a combination of astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) and Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) taken as a tincture twice a day, 20 to 30 drops per dose. This formula is appropriate to take daily throughout the cold and flu season. Begin a month prior to travel.

Boneset

Boneset (Eupatorium perforoliatum) is an immune stimulant that assaults bacteria. In the 1700s and 1800s most U.S. homes in the Northeast had boneset drying from the rafters. It was used effectively to treat a flue epidemic in Pennysylvania in 800.

Redroot

This effective botanical stimulates and cleanses the lymph system. The lymph system is responsible for processing and cleansing the body of the byproducts of fighting infection.

Boneset, Redroot, and Echinachea

Make this formula blend yourself by buying single-herb tinctures of each of the three herbs and combine them in a larger jar. Fill a 2-ounce tincture bottle with some of the resulting formula and you?re all set. This remedy is good to take 20 to 30 drops at a time, every hour, at the onset of cold or flu symptoms.

Homeopathic Formula

A standard remedy for flu is the homeopathic formula Oscillococcinum. Manufactured by Boiron, Oscillo is taken like any other homeopathic remedy?sublingually (allowed to dissolve under the tongue) 30 minutes before or after eating or drinking anything except water. The standard dosage is three vials; each vial contains hundreds of minute pellets. As soon as you feel flu symptoms, take a vial of Oscillo. Repeat with the second vial six hours alter, and with the third six hours after the second.

Note from Opus:

If you seem to be susceptible to everything, and you have in the past done some long-term or powerful antibiotics, you may need to take probiotics (better yet, eat naturally fermented foods) to replenish the good bacteria in your system. Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria, and the bad bacteria grows faster than the good, setting you up for potential problems.