Bp Decline During Exercise?

I have stress test tomorrow...but I just returned from the gym where I did a quick ad hoc experiment with exercise and BP (on a StairMaster @ level 8):

Time (min) BP HR

----------------------------

0 118/73 54

2 146/83 116

7 143/81 134

17 134/73 138

I really wasn't winded at all...the Florinef does seem to help with my stamina. But I'm not sure what to make of these numbers. Does anyone else experience a BP/HR response like this...where BP gradually decreases?

Yes, I recently had a stress echo & as my HR reached in the 160's-170's, my BP was the lowest. The tech was shocked, however my final report said everything was normal.

I'm guessing that you are in pretty good shape. Happy the florinef is helping. It also gave me great energy. I no longer take it, but would love some before a run :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow!

Julie

Well, much to my surprise, my HR didn't lower at all during the formal stress test. Here are the results:

Stage HR BP

--------------------------------

supine 49 130/84

standing 62 142/82

1 112 150/80

2 133 150/80

3 147

4 164

5 175

done 156 160/70

2min rest 156/70

5min rest 105 130/70

I was hoping my BP would increase a little more, but quite frankly I'm a little shocked that it increased at all. I actually asked the Dr. about it afterwards...he said that he typically sees a larger increase, but my #'s were completely plausible for somebody who lasted 15min in a stress test.