Swollen Axillary (Arm Pit) Lymph Nodes

akavella

i have been trying to ignore this problem for over a month now, but the lymph nodes are still swollen and i have a red rash like discoloration and sever itchiness. i have tried hydro-cortisone creams, anti-fungals, was recently on a z-pack for bronchitis, then diflucan for a yeast infection...anyone else having this problem? i am wanting to go to the doctor, but i am so afraid they are going to think that i am a hypochondriac.

if anyone has had this before...any suggestions? i always think worse case scenario..cancer, but i am trying to think it is something to do with POTS???

If you have a rash and swollen lymph nodes....that sure sounds like objective data to me. Would have a hard time thinking that a doctor, being presented with such things, would think you a hypochondriac! I'd certainly encourage you to call and be seen.

Is it affecting your breast at all?

If you have a rash and swollen lymph nodes....that sure sounds like objective data to me. Would have a hard time thinking that a doctor, being presented with such things, would think you a hypochondriac! I'd certainly encourage you to call and be seen.

Is it affecting your breast at all?

there are no lumps in my breasts, i know it is objective data, however the hypochondriac scenario in my head is that my doc will think i think it is cancer. lol. i also know swollen lymph nodes are fairly common and often benign making me question if i should even go to the doctor...but am leaning to call tomorrow because it has been this way for over a month now.

Well there is inflammatory breast cancer so you wouldn't be totally out of line being concerned. But even if it's not cancer- and most likely it isn't- it's still worth getting it checked out and treated. One more thing taxing your system won't be helpful for your autonomic issues.

I hear you completely about not wanting to go to the doctor and being worried about what they'll think of you. I frequently wait weeks to make sure a symptom is "staying around" before I call to make an appointment. And then, frequently, just calling to make the appointment seems to be more effective than actually seeing the doctor for making a symptom go away! :rolleyes: Kind of like taking my car to the mechanic! Sheesh!

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Well there is inflammatory breast cancer so you wouldn't be totally out of line being concerned. But even if it's not cancer- and most likely it isn't- it's still worth getting it checked out and treated. One more thing taxing your system won't be helpful for your autonomic issues.

I hear you completely about not wanting to go to the doctor and being worried about what they'll think of you. I frequently wait weeks to make sure a symptom is "staying around" before I call to make an appointment. And then, frequently, just calling to make the appointment seems to be more effective than actually seeing the doctor for making a symptom go away! :rolleyes: Kind of like taking my car to the mechanic! Sheesh!

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

i totally agree with you, and often wait on everything that has to do with my health, and yell at others for doing so. i will definatly call and make an appointment tomorrow. i wish i knew how to upload a pic of it.