Heart Rate Variability

schamsjj

I just got a heart rate monitor and I noticed how much my heart rate really changes. It varies from 50-140.

When I stand it always goes from 60-100 or 120. Sometimes even if I move a little or take a big breath it will go from 60 to 100 right away. Lately it has been going staying around 80 or 90 when i'm sitting up.

The other day I tried taking a bike ride and it was constantly staying between 135 and 150. I go really slow and it still doesn't go down.

My doctor said to keep exercising, but that just seems to be making my heart symptoms much worse.

I also have been having really bad head pressure with throbbing in my ears at times. My doctor doesn't seem to care and says he doesn't know what that is. But i've been dealing with this for a year and he just says it's probably anxiety and some residual effects from some infection I had last year.

What do any of you make of this? Thank you guys!

PS I also have this intense pins and needles sensation all over my body for like a half hour once every few months.

Jared

• 2 weeks later...

Well those heart rates that you are getting sound pretty normal compared to the rest of us here.

With your exercise I would take it easy with it and gradually build up to what you feel comfortable with.

For instance I would be fearful to ride a bike very far knowing I needed to make it home if I did get symptomatic but other than that I do think it is good to stay active.

As far as the head pressure when this happens it's helpful to have a blood pressure monitor and check that out.

If your bp is normal try not to worry.

Maybe rest if you can until the pressure stops.

I think that in time you will get more oomfortable with what you want to ignore meaning continuing on with what you are doing.

It just varies for me.

There have been times when I get symptomatic and I can just keep doing what I am doing and the feeling passes.

Other times where it feels intense and I wish I would have just went and laid down to begin with.

In all cases I recover within an hour I'd say usually less than that.

If you ever do get worried about how you are feeling there is always a trip to ER, but with most of those I felt much worse than what any signs they could pick up on indicated and I basically just recover there instead of home.

For me once I start getting symptomatic I also get anxiety and panic attack like symptoms so it makes me feel much worse than what I actually am.

I also notice I think my body has often recovered before I realize it.

the feelings hang around a bit longer along with the anxiety from the fact that wow that just happened or wow that felt scary or horrible.

Like yesterday I had a bp dip that I caught and I felt bad for a while and then kind of slowly came out of it.

My vital signs had bumped back up and returned to normal but I was still in a bit of panic mode and it could be that my body released adrenaline to raise the bp and that is what I was feeling in my system then for a while.

along with the feelings of okay now why did that happen....it always rocks my confidence.

I'm sorry to go on and on.

I have had so many weird "feelings" with this that thank goodness haven't amounted to anything.

While it's happening it's pretty horrible.

In time your heart rates may normalize a bit.

The activity will help-try to keep it at a level you feel comfortable with.