Jump to content

What Is That Floppy Heart Feeling Called?


Recommended Posts

Hi friends,

I'm actually doing a million times better recently, yay!

The only thing that bothers me is that feeling that my heart is just flopping around in my chest like a big fish on occasion. Like it tries to beat but just flipflops. That's the best way to describe it.

Because I feel better, I am not nervous about this. But I can't remember what it's called when this happens, and I want to make sure I remember in case I need this information later for whatever reason.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Sounds like what I have - Mitral Valve Prolapse.

Your heart has four chambers. In between the left and the right side is a valve that prevents blood from being on both sides of the heart at one time. If it is MVP, that valve (swings like a saloon door) does not close all the way and the blood ends up on both sides. The medical term is regurgitation. Mine was diagnosed via echocardiogram (I beleive).

Hope this helps and good luck.

Stay Positive,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...