Update & Vanderbilt Questions

lmt033167

I've been off the forums for quite a while. I've been fighting SSDI alone and lost - they denied me full out and said even though I qualified medically, mentally I am "fine" and because I have kept working 10 hours per week to pay for health insurance, I am not "fully" disabled. They said because I can think for myself and keep a checkbook they do not consider my conditions disabling. I refiled on Jan 3, 2011 and finally just gave up after talking to 2 large disability firms in the past month. I have to have health insurance and can't quit working those 10 hours, we just can't afford it.

I just got new insurance in 2011 through the Pre-exisiting condition plan with the gov't; which has been a great help. I am getting retested for everything with my new primary and finally found a GREAT cardiologist who knows tons about ANS issues and referred me to Vanderbilt, because even what he knows he said they know more and can test me fully and then he will coordinate my care with them. yay! I may finally get some answers.

He's a bit dismayed my other dr's basically gave up on me though and thought my case was too complicated with all my heart/ans issues. He says my case intrigues him and he's getting together some doctors who will keep searching until they find what's caused my problems. It's a great possibility that I do have ARVD and that's what's caused my heart problems, he says everything fits and he's going to go over my case piece by piece and look at my MRI the hospital did.

I did find out I have some other things to add to my list of problems. I finally got some records from the hospital and dr's in Dec 2010 I didn't have before. I found I was having multi focal pvc's before my ablation and they noted I had suspicious Congestive heart failure and chest pain issues along with an enlarged heart with no known cause. Also, my spine has degenerated more rapidly than I thought it would from old injuries and I am being retested for the changes in my pelvis, neck and thoracic areas.

I'm looking forward to going to Vanderbilt sometime in hopes of some answers hopefully this summer. Along with visiting my gyn for my endo/adenomyosis; I'm going to a Endo and Rheumy =)

hope everyone is doing well

Hi Lisa-

You have had a roller coaster ride with good news and bad news. Absolutely wonderful that your new doc will help you. Not good news about SSDI. On another board a dozen members were toting Allsup in getting the SSDI - just mentioning it in case it would help you - after reading their stories I wish I had gone that way.

Take care and welcome back,

noreen

Hi Lisa-

You have had a roller coaster ride with good news and bad news. Absolutely wonderful that your new doc will help you. Not good news about SSDI. On another board a dozen members were toting Allsup in getting the SSDI - just mentioning it in case it would help you - after reading their stories I wish I had gone that way.

Take care and welcome back,

noreen

I tried Allsup and Binder & Binder, both said because I work 10 hours per week, they will not take my case :(