Missing A Family Event

lieze

I'm not sure how to get my husband to understand that though without making him angry.

I almost think if I don't go into details it might be better-any idea on how to explain?

It's his aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.

So I'm thinking people other than family will be there.

There is no way I can stand that entire time.

May not even be okay sitting that entire time due to this weakened state I am currently in.

It is too cold to go lay in the car and it is an hour trip each way.

I will not be able to eat the food.

I have blood sugar issues so I would have to pack my own food.

I am thinking I would have to lay on the floor on a blanket and explain to everyone why I am laying there -what is wrong with me, why I can't eat.

I'm thinking it would be more appropriate for me to stay home.

Due to distance I am not that close to any of husband's cousins they only see each other every couple years.

I have only been around them maybe 5-6 times.

I am okay either way would really feel better just staying home in the condition I'm in now.

But I don't know how to explain it to my husband.

He has bipolar disorder so even though he sees the way I am he still cannot process that I lack the ability right now to do normal things.

He doesn't get it.

I'm worried if I come out and say I can't sit, I can't stand, I can't eat it will really freak him out and his response will be anger and he

will respond with something entirely inappropriate to the situation because his ability to cope is somewhat compromised.

I have to let a lot of what he says go in one ear and out the other just because it really isn't appropriate to the situation but he cannot process normally.

Any ideas of what I might say?

I actually thought me going and functioning at my capacity might be an eye opener for him but not sure it's worth it in the long run.

He has a tendency for years to just see it as I spend too much time on the internet and I don't do enough around the house or accuse me of neglecting the children rather than to realize I can't get up or the time I can be up is limited from time to time.

It really has made it confusing to all of us that this seems to be constantly changing.

We don't know what to think.

Doctors don't find anything wrong so it reinforces to him that there is nothing wrong with me.

He screams at me to go fix myself. That I am just neurotic and a hypochondriac.

Sometimes it feels like he's right,

I understand what that is like and really don't know what advice to offer. I am not familiar enough with bipolar to come up with something that would make sense to him. But have you ever read the Spoon Theory? maybe you can ask him to read it?

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/