Shy Drager??????

akavella

i seen a new neurologist today and he said i have POTS (already diagnosed), idiopathic progressive polyneuropathy, autonomic dysfunction and complicated shy drager like syndrome without parkinson symptoms. i am really confused right now....has anyone else been told or have had shy drager brought up. also he asked my if my cardio mentioned anything about a pacemaker.... i have a eeg and and emg on thursday, and also had some lab work done today. he also said i have absent deep tendon reflexes.

im not liking the things that i am reading about shy drager or MSA. anyone else experience this with a doctor? he said i have a "very unfortunate disease".

Hi-

For this diagnosis I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion. There are members who have been misdiagnosed with diseases such as Parkinson's.

While I know there are members here with MSA, I would encourage you to check wemove.org for info - there is a forum there on it.

wishing you the best,

noreen

Hi-

For this diagnosis I would strongly suggest you get a second opinion. There are members who have been misdiagnosed with diseases such as Parkinson's.

While I know there are members here with MSA, I would encourage you to check wemove.org for info - there is a forum there on it.

wishing you the best,

noreen

thank you i will check it out. my doctor is sending me to ucsf neurology for further evaluation.

I wasn't impressed with UCSF's Neurology Department ... I am impressed with Mayo Clinic Scottsdales Dr. Brent Goodman - several others here too have had wonderful interaction with this particular neurologist both here in the Southwest and when he was up in Rochester MN. So I'm happy you are now seeing some doctors in bigger tertiary care centers - your case warrants the best of the best -- but again take everything you hear with a grain of salt & know the path to clarity and accurate diagnosis usually includes a few speedbumps ... you probably know that. Sent you a PM... Good luck to you :-)