To Medicate Or Not To Medicate!

MamaTrain

Hello! I saw my cardio just this past Monday and now she would like to add Florinef to try to boost my blood pressure. 2 weeks ago when I had the TTT she said no on the Florinef because the test did not show a drop in BP it actually showed a spike in BP So she prescribed a BB. I honestly thought this whole time my BP was dropping too much so I was surprised with the higher BP in the test! Now that I have been there a few times she said she noticed my office BP's and my echo BP was on the low side so that is why she added the Florinef. I havent even started the BB yet and now I have another medicine to agonize over! Which medicine would you start first? If you take Florinef did it help you enough to make a difference? Did it throw you for a loop at first? Also, will it raise my BP too much when I dont want it to? I'm confused! I truly do want to try them but my experience with meds is they usually dont do anything but make me feel worse! Your thoughts are more than appreciated! :D

KC

I would start the florinef first so you don't have to worry about the beta blocker bottoming you out.

The two together might be a wonderful combination if you can pull it off.

The beta blocker was heaven dealing with the adrenaline surges.

Better than Xanax. :)

I would just keep an eye on your blood pressures.

Just my two cents worth - I couldn't tolerate the Florinef AT ALL. I know it works wonders for many people, and I hope you are one of those, but don't be too discouraged if it doesn't help. My doc switched me to midodrine, which has been helpful (I am still far, far away from where I would like to be, but at least it's a start).

I agree with Lieze - the betablockers are a godsend when you're getting those panicky surges. I can only take very tiny amounts b/c my BP is too low, but it seems to stop that vicious cycle of surge/crash/surge (I don't take them every day; just when I'm having problems).

Unfortunately it's trial and error to see which combo works for you. I think it's always wise to start with very small amounts and slowly build up.

Best of luck to you - keep us posted.