Wellbutrin

akavella

i was originally started on wellbutrin xl for depression with my initial dose 150 that was increased to 300mg and now i am on 450mg everyday then was diagnosed with POTS much later. i was surprised to hear that it is also a tx for POTS. has anyone been started on this medication after they were diagnosed with POTS?

im sorry. tx means treatment. and it has been the most amazing drug for me, i also was on lexapro but had some not so great side effects, then switched to wellbutrin. i wouldnt want to know how i would be right now off it...i know it has given me tons of energy before, and im sure still now, even though i am fatigued and tired, im sure i am a lot better than i would be without out it now.

It's the only anti-depressant I was able to tolerate. I've had lots of good results from it. Every other one I tried made me really sick. It was surprising to me when I saw that they used it as a treatment for POTS etc. When I was really really fatigued a year or so ago, I went up to taking it twice a day and was pleasantly surprised by how much more energy I seemed to have (relatively :rolleyes: ) Of course, then I figured the docs would be that much quicker to say my symptoms were just depression. <_<

Several years ago (before the POTS diagnosis etc.) I had months and months of GI issues they couldn't figure out. When I started taking this med my GI issues got better too. My GI doc said it made sense given how many seratonin receptors are in the gut.

It's the only anti-depressant I was able to tolerate. I've had lots of good results from it. Every other one I tried made me really sick. It was surprising to me when I saw that they used it as a treatment for POTS etc. When I was really really fatigued a year or so ago, I went up to taking it twice a day and was pleasantly surprised by how much more energy I seemed to have (relatively :rolleyes: ) Of course, then I figured the docs would be that much quicker to say my symptoms were just depression. <_<

Several years ago (before the POTS diagnosis etc.) I had months and months of GI issues they couldn't figure out. When I started taking this med my GI issues got better too. My GI doc said it made sense given how many seratonin receptors are in the gut.

What dosage do you take?