Pindolol Question-Info Says It Can Raise Your Hr & Bp!

MamaTrain

Doc gave me a script for 5mg of PindoloI after TTT on Tuesday. I started reading up on BB again since I havent taken one since the beginning of this 2 years ago and it was not a good experience! My confustion comes from info found on MedicineNet.com. It says that the type of BB that Pindolol is gives it "intrisic sympathomimetic activtiy" or ISA and can actually mimic the effects of epinephrine and norepinephrine and raise blood pressure and heart rate. So tell me again why would I want to take it? You long timers need to fill me in!

KC

I think that everyone reacts a little differently to medications. I found that Pindolol made my heart rate faster and caused insomnia and body aches. I tried it for a few weeks and finally decided it made me feel even worse. It took me along time to tolerate any beta blocker... I actually had to take 1/4 of the smallest dose and over many months worked up to a theraputic level which is still super small dose but does help some. I tried lots of beta blockers and finally found atenolol to work the best for me (however, it took me numerous tries to tolerate it until I finally figured out to start off at the extremely low dose and work up to let me body adjust to it).