Will An Exercise Stress Test Do This To You?

Lovebug

I've been having a bad flare all day. I had an exercise stress test yesterday and actually felt great the rest of the day (they gave me ~500mL NS on top of the 4L/day that I normally drink). Well this morning I slept late thinking that it'd do my body good after yesterday but I realize this always puts me behind on my "hydration marathon" for the day. Well, I've had a very hard time trying to get enough fluid down. Partly due to orthostatic intolerance, partly b/c I keep having diarrhea (another of my symptoms). So I've been having my typical abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, nausea, high BP when in upright position (I go high, not low) & my heart rate is completely labile. I've been anywhere from 48 up to 117! My BP got up to 147/108. Logically in my mind I know that the stress test caused this but I just need some reassurance from all of you wonderful posters here!

BTW: I take Celexa 2.5mg every day, along with Inderal (beta blocker) 5mg in am & 5mg in pm. I'm almost afraid of taking my pm dose due to my HR getting in low 60's when resting. And it dipped to 48 twice but I think I was moving around in my chair when this happened and I held my breath or something...stimulating the vagal nerve. Or at least I hope that's why it happened since it wasn't a sustained rate. Then again, NONE of my rates have been sustained today...lol! :blink:

Did you go off the Inderal for the test? No BB and exercise will cause me to have diarrhea too. After strenuous exercise, I'll crash and burn too...crazy HR and BP. Exercise is high on the list of things that stimulate norepinephrine, so you may need to just ride it out. :(

I took by BB yesterday at the normal time and the diarrhea is from IBS, which I attribute my IBS to my Dys. So if I aggravate my Dys...who knows what will happen! I also have trouble "going" sometimes (diarrhea AND constipation...go figure). I will ride it out but, as you know, the anxiety can sometimes get high during these episodes. Being here has really helped me. I'm glad I found this place. :)