Back At It Again

lissy

Hey,

Well I have taken a short break from seeing docs for a few months except when I had the lung issue. So I'm back at it again seeking a new family doctor and its so exhausting having Medicaid its like close your eyes and just point to one in the yellow pages...its sad to me that not only we have to fight a chronic condition but also fight to find a doctor competent enough to handle our issues. Even with me going to Cleveland Clinic I had all the tests said I had pooling in legs, low blood volume,and increase in heart rate when standing I didn't get a written or verbal Diagnosis ( what is that suppose to mean???) I was prescribed florinef and miodrine and they wanted me to come back for some vascular leg testing and I was like for what really??? Is that for their own research or what all the other tests were normal no autonomic failure so whats the point! I want to know what the **** has went wrong to cause this and if something else is causing this why do I have such a hard time getting someone to find out the culprit. Why am I doing all this research on a computer why isn't a doctor interested enough to become dedicated and find out what is truly wrong with me???

I am tired, tired everyday of chasing an answer that I have to research and take to a doctor to say "please do this test".

Why have I seen 30 doctors in 3 years??? Thats unbelievable

Sometimes I feel like giving up I am out of motivation mentally and definitely physically.

I have been calling Doctors offices seeking a new one but I am asking are you capable of handling my condition or situation? so I am awaiting return calls....My problems are TOO big for the average doctor and I'm glad I realize that but that might honestly mean I no longer can find medical care:P It worry me if I was in a medical crisis I would probally not survive its a true fear of mine now. I've been to the ER with extreme tachy and they wanted to give me heart meds to slow it down I had to argue with the doc I need FLUID and it was at a stand still until he went off shift 5 hours later and finally the next doctor listened and gave me fluids and it went down.When my lung issue happened my heart was racing so bad and palping out of my chest they wanted to give me some anxiety meds and the phenumothorax had popped right there laying in the ER.What if I had a pulmonary embolism or something and they are injecting me with zanax or something I would have been out of it , its scary and I trust not one doctor anymore.

That all puts me in in a terrible position what should I really do ,just give up.

I know I'm not the only one that has felt this way and have had many negative experiences what can I do to keep going on this medical nightmare?

When I find a new doctor do I let them know everything to begin with I need tests done that should not be postponed or do all doctors need to go through their own process

please let me know....

Thanks for listening I'm so overwhelmed and have been feeling awful lately

Lissy

:(

I'm sorry. It's sad that all this is happening.

It's not wrong to want to know what's really going on. As my neurologist at mayo would say, "doctors can diagnose, but only God heals." I like that attitude because it's true :)

But it doesn't make me want to know less, or feel less sad when I feel ignored by doctors. Some are intimidates by hard cases. And I think you qualify as hard!

Keep looking. Maybe something will turn up. You'll make it! Just keep trudging.