Tachycardia With Meals

BloodMage

Yes, it's quite hard to eat because every single time I do eat something and particularly if it's carbohydrate-laden, my heart starts to race.I've had this issue for years.I've had an echocardiogram, ekgs, etc.Also had a fasting blood sugar test done.I also need to get a glucose tolerance test done, although no insurance now.

I've been experimenting with a small dose of balsamic vinegar (about half a teaspoon) before meals, just in case this is due to a high rise in blood sugar after meals. So far it's been the only thing that has helped, with the exception of low carbohydrate meals.I want to caution everyone else about this though since I think it can also mess with your potassium levels.I've already had hypokalemia before, so i'm just trying half a teaspoon and supplementing with potassium.

If the vinegar is too strong try lemon in water - it will up your acid levels and help with digestion too.

I've had tachy with meals before too. Usually, it's because it's something I'm sensitive too (almost allergic, but not quite). See if it's what you're eating and if it happens every time you eat it. I'll also have hot flashes for the same reason. You could try an allergy medicine and find this out too.

Yes, I have the exact same experience. Not every day but if POTS flares up this is a symptom. Very uncomfortable. I was told that my sugar levels spike, but I am not sure that is true? I do find that small protein rich meals help. Is it worse in the AM? It is for me. Drinking a lot of fluids, especially in the AM, helps. I believe that what is happening is that blood is pooling a bit abnormally to the abdomen, even more so after a meal, and this pooling makes the heart beat faster.

Yes, I have the exact same experience. Not every day but if POTS flares up this is a symptom. Very uncomfortable. I was told that my sugar levels spike, but I am not sure that is true? I do find that small protein rich meals help. Is it worse in the AM? It is for me. Drinking a lot of fluids, especially in the AM, helps. I believe that what is happening is that blood is pooling a bit abnormally to the abdomen, even more so after a meal, and this pooling makes the heart beat faster.

I HAVE THIS WITH NEARLY EVERY SINGLE MEAL!!This makes eating *really* hard.The last time I went to the ER the nurses just assumed I was a junkie or something since I was little, dehydrated and shaking.

Well, i've noticed that when I first get up and get out of bed, my heart wants to race or just beat harder.After i've been up a couple of hours it generally gets better.It may be more than just blood sugar with me, for that reason and the fact that my feet turn weird shades of red and purple when I stand for more than a few minutes.Normally I notice this happens even more when it's hot.Hot weather just kills me.

I'm supposed to visit a new doctor.He listened to some of my symptoms via my grandmother, and he wants to test my thyroid.Thyroid issues (mainly Grave's disease, etc) run in my family.Last year I did have a thyroid test at the hospital and nothing showed up, though.

But i'm getting off topic!

I have had to eliminate garlic, onion, and MSG from my diet.

They all set me off badly into histamine reactions.

I have to watch food in general and not eat too much and I've had to eliminate a lot of carbs from my diet.

I know this is really frustrating since we need to eat.

Nutrition can be a real problem.

I'm supplementing with boost and I try to eat what I can.