Weird Sensation In My Head With So Many Possible Culprits

Chrissy

The past few days I have been feeling extra dizzy, light headed, disoriented, and confused with pain/pressure in my head mostly behind my eyes. Yesterday I felt really bad so I took my b/p, which was in normal range, then I took my blood sugar, something I rarely have to do, it was 69. So I ate a bowl of cereal, but that made me feel so much worse, when I retook my blood sugar later (giving the cereal time to work) it was up to 110. But I still felt horrible. Tonight I took my b/p (normal) and blood sugar (normal), but I feel awful. The problem is pin pointing the cause. It could be caused by the vestibular issues I recently got diagnosed with, but have not yet started treatment. Or the fact that after 6 weeks of being lucky to get 1-2 hours sleep a night, I am now dependent on sleeping pills and they only work half the time. Or maybe this "slipped disk" feeling in my back they no one seems to understand or think it is their department to treat. Every so often I'll hear and feel this crack in my back right between the shoulder blades on what feels like my spine, then I'll have a week or two of pain, which is usually accompanied by headaches and dizziness. Or the sinus infection I can't seem to get rid of. Or the "tic" I recently developed, that my last neurologist refused to address and I haven't been able to get in to see a new neuro. Or maybe like my cardiologist said, now that they "cured" my Cushings my dysautonomia is going to get worse. It would be one thing if I was having one or two of these issues at a time, but right now I'm experiencing all of them. My dysautonomia doctor is absolutely no help. I'm in between neuros. My internist/pcp is useless, I'm not even sure why I still see him. My cardiologist is the only one who seems sympathetic and is genuinely trying to help, but technically he can only treat my heart. I have consulted more doctors in the past 4 weeks than I did the first 6 months of getting dysautonomia, and I still feel like I'm alone to figure this out. I'm being very careful to avoid possible drug interactions, so I'm not taking anything for the pain while I'm taking sleeping pills and otc sinus meds. I'm so miserable right now.

Chrissy, I feel your pain! It is the beginning of "Doctor Season" for me: time my my 6 month/yearly check-ins with all my docs. I have labs drawn today. All of them say: "Well, THAT's not normal...but it must be normal for you." They don't look any further than the paper on the desk.

Honestly, simple sleep deprivation could cause your head feelings. It totally screws up your brain chemistry and hormones. But, so does any of the other things you've mentioned. All I can say is get copies of everything and keep it for yourself. I've brought labs back to my docs that have been flagged as "abnormal" and asked questions, only to have them tell me they had not looked at that part! I try NOT to see docs anymore, they give me too much grief. <_<