Have Anyone Taken Restasis (Cyclosporine)

friday7

I was prescribed Restasis (Cyclosporine) from my eye doctor due to very dry eyes. I've been taking it a over a month.

But I have noticed my BP is lower than usual. I'm wondering if there could be any connection. I read little about Cyclosporine, it is not only used for the eyes but also Cyclosporine is used with other medications to prevent transplant rejection (attack of the transplanted organ by the immune system of the person who received the organ) in people who have received kidney, liver, and heart transplants. I've also read that it is given to arthritis patients. I think the main thing is it helps inflammation.

It also says- to tell the doctors about any meds even supplements as some might interfere with the medicine.

My doctor never asked about my supplements.

I'm just curious about this med because I was thinking of it as just eye drops and now I find my BP is lower, and I'm wondering if there's any connection.

So I'm concerned about this med. I remember a few years ago three different doctors had given me meds that lower salt in the body, even though I told them I took salt tabs to raise my BP. I had to research them before I found out. By then my BP was so low I was barely able to get out of bed.

Also, I am just getting a new GP. And I know I'm going to have to explain what POTS is,and I'm not sure how they are going to be with that.

For instance, Beta Blockers usually lower the BP in a normal person but it can raise BP in POTS people. Now if I tell this new doctor this I'm probably going to get a yeah right attitude.

But I thought if this is the case with Beat Blockers, then maybe this med, Cyclosporine, which is know to cause High BP in normal people, can also have the opposite effect on POTS people.

So I figured I'd come here and see if anyone has had any experience with this drug. And if so, what effect did it have on you?