What Not To Do With Orthostatic Issues

comfortzone

Innocently went to three stores today to try and buy a new bed that's more suited for joint comfort..... Not a bit shy I started plopping onto several beds at the first store ...down, up, down, up... not even thinking. I start to feel flushed and kinda warm and decide to get some air. Next store.... same drill -- up, down, up, down -- all around the store testing beds... I hit the Latex Mattress and whoooooa -- this odd motion sickness hits. I get up slowly and the sales lady says, "you ok?" I tell her the Latex bed has motion that is rather nauseating -- she says I'm the second person to tell her that thus far. Okay so STILL not remembering my orthostatic issues of late - I go to the third store....and plop up and down on a bunch more beds....till suddenly I couldn't move LOL... So I'm stuck in or on this bed....& my body has just crashed big time. Nowwhat! I super slowly get out of the store........and feel absolutely terrible. Cannot even think to drive home. So I stop at a little sushi joint and start sipping Miso Soup slowly -- for maybe half an hour -- drank some water and began to feel human again........Good grief Charlie Brown I thought

So anyone else have any funny stories to share about getting caught doing something that maybe used to be a non-issue -- only to find in the middle of it -- that now it is an issue? I can laugh now cuz I'm home and still bedless....but my old bed looks pretty inviting tonight if I think back to the earlier part of the day! Just saved myself a bucket load of money I guess!

When having a symptomatic spell for several days and knowing I should not drive I was house bound. My hair was really shabby and I knew a hairstyle would help me but no friends were around to drive me that day, so I decided that even though funds are limited, I should treat my self to a taxi ride. I was so glad I went. As I was leaving the beauty shop I noticed the pizza place next door with a sign advertising free delivery! I went in and ordered a pizza for dellivery...and asked them to deliver me too! They did.

We must learn to "trust our gut"

When I am symptomatic, if I eat a large meal it just does not digest! It will come back up.

It is better to trust the gut and eat smaller frequent meals and switch to easier to digest soft foods.

I also use a supplement if needed to be sure my nutrition is good.

When having a symptomatic spell for several days and knowing I should not drive I was house bound. My hair was really shabby and I knew a hairstyle would help me but no friends were around to drive me that day, so I decided that even though funds are limited, I should treat my self to a taxi ride. I was so glad I went. As I was leaving the beauty shop I noticed the pizza place next door with a sign advertising free delivery! I went in and ordered a pizza for dellivery...and asked them to deliver me too! They did.

That is so funny! LOL.... Very creative -- excellent happy ending ... dinner and a ride - what could be better :-) Thanks for sharing!