Sleep With Tachy?

How do you fall asleep when you're tachy?

I sleep with two pillows (to support my neck - as I have to sleep in a recliner. I can't lay down because of a brain injury) and I've found that putting my hand over my heart I don't feel the heartbeat as much (because the pillows make me feel it more) and I love sleeping on my left side, but because of the pillows, the pillow presses on my jugular, making me hear the heartbeat. Sometimes I just try and focus on something else. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

How do you fall asleep when you're tachy?

I sleep with two pillows (to support my neck - as I have to sleep in a recliner. I can't lay down because of a brain injury) and I've found that putting my hand over my heart I don't feel the heartbeat as much (because the pillows make me feel it more) and I love sleeping on my left side, but because of the pillows, the pillow presses on my jugular, making me hear the heartbeat. Sometimes I just try and focus on something else. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

I would suggest a fan, fountain or one of those machines that makes white noise or ambient sounds. Homemedics has one for $18.00 at WalMart http://www.walmart.com/ip/HoMedics-Sound-Spa-Machine-with-Timer/2686012?sourceid=1500000000000007346330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=2686012 . I use the fan and it helps me fall asleep. Just relax and concentrate on the sound.

Yeah, I focus on my AC and that puts me to sleep. That's one of the things I focus on. Thanks for the reply. I just have to relax. :)

You might try different sizes of microbead pillows. Here is a link to Amazon. I got a couple of mine at Bed Bath and Beyond but couldn't find it online(disclaimer: could be nonfunctional brain). They are lighter to move around and not dense so you don't get the whoosh in your ear.