Colorado Springs Dr. Suggestions

gelann

My daughter just moved to Colorado Springs, Co this past week. Her insurance wont start until Sept. 1 but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for doctors to understand POTS in this area that they would recommend? Also a gynecologist because she hopes to start a family after they get settled. Usually she actually feels better there because of the high altitude.

It's a bit of a ways from you but the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale would be a short air flight or a 12 or so hour drive perhaps. The bonus being it's a one stop shop btw. Phoenix and Scottsdale for all of the different disciplines involved in diagnosis and management of issues relating to POTS or dysautonomia....I saw Dr. B. Goodman and found him to be quite exceptional! He's a neurologist who knows about dysautonomia. Outside of him (whom I learned about here at Dinet) I would do searches on here and check out the lists provided....good luck to you and your family! I don't know if any of the other physicians in Scottsdales Mayo Clinic know about dysautonomia - so I'd wait for an appt. with Dr. Goodman - it could be worth the travel effort and expense.

I live in Colorado Springs and go to Colorado Springs Cardiologists. They have 3 electrophysiologists in the practice who are very knowledgeable about POTS. One of them is the head of the practice, Dr. Michael Barber. I highly recommend these doctors. I have never been made to feel like a number or that they didn't have time for me. In fact, I've been amazed at how long they will take with me during an appointment. I've had 15 minute appointments that have lasted an hour. Their website is www.cscardiologists.com.