When Will This Sinus Infection Go Away - It's Making My Pots Crazy!

The Dr. at the Urgent Care facility said it would take a couple of days for the antibiotic to penetrate my sinuses and for me to get relief. It's been 72 hours since I started them. I'm still just as sick as before, except that the cold I initially had is pretty much gone. My BP is usually high on standing but this infection is making it quite low and I'm pre-syncopal most of the time when upright. Mornings are the worst, of course :( .

I've never had a sinus infection that required antibiotics (usually I'd just take over-the-counter cold remedies, wait a few days, and it cleared up). In the meanwhile, I'm taking decongestants, tylenol, and drinking lots. I'm probably going to wait over the weekend, but if I've still had no relief then I'll call my regular physician. Those of you who've taken antibiotics for a sinus infection, how long until the antibiotics start working?

It's probably the decongestant that's messing up your POTS. It will mess me up too. Since we have to stay well hydrated, it interferes with the uptake. I recently tried something that was advertised on "The Doctors" show. It''s called Sinus Buster. It burned like mad and my eyes watered, it was really uncomfortable. Then-----awh, relief. It really seemed to work and help the pain of it all. It has pepper in it. Hope you feel better soon.

I haven't tried Neti Pot yet, although that Sinus Buster sounds promising too :) . Actually, the only time I feel pretty good is when the decongestant and tylenol kick in. Then I can finally breathe and the fever is reduced, and I have more energy. It's once they wear off that I really feel ill.

Angelika, thanks for reassuring me that this might just take additional time and medication. I will try one of these suggestions if I'm still sick this weekend.