Catechcolamine Results Back

Dr. Grubb ordered this test through my local cardio. He hasn't seen the results yet, because of his wife's illness, I haven't sent them to him yet.

I do kind of understand the norepi results, they did go up on standing causing the hyperandregenic response. The ones I don't understand are the elevated supine epi and that no dopamine showed up at all. Any of you know what those results mean. Results posted below:

My results showed my supine epinepherine was 94 which about 40 points higher, it did not change at all on standing.

My norepinepherine supine was 400 something, normal range, my standing how ever shot up to almost 1200, almost triple. However this was still in the normal range on it's own. They combine the epi/norepi for a total and my total was about 20 points above normal. Dr. Grubb I believe looks at what happens with the norepinephrine from supine to standing and I think considers it a positive test if there is a significant increase.

I think this confirmed his diagnosis of Hyperandregenic autonomic small fiber neuropathy. We already knew from my skin biopsy that I had small fiber damage. He agreed with the neurologist that it was probably autoimmune in nature. I'm having a hyperandregenic reaction because the small fiber nerves in my vessel don't constrict to push blood to the brain, my body compensates by giving a surge of norepinephrine to constrict the vessels to get blood to the brain. I then overconstrict causing standing hypertension and tachy. Grubb prescribed low dose labetalol and it did control the wild swings, it however made me very fatigued, which I realized once I weaned off of it to do the catechcolamine test.

I had no measurable dopamine standing or supine for the range of this test. It said that the dopamine was below reportable levels for this test. I still don't know what that means. Any one know what that means?

Thanks again for any wise wisdom out there. :)