Mayo Pain Rehabilitation Center

I did a similar program at RIC in Chicago for pain, before my ans symptoms. It was helpful at the time. I don't know how they would have adapted it for POTS. It did teach me to manage my pain better and still try to lead a semi-normal life. Mayo actually recommends RIC's program as the most similar to theirs.

Thanks. It is in Rochester. Did they find it useful?

Three weeks in Rochester.....

Lois

I think so, initially, but I am not so sure anymore. They pushed the routine with good sleep patterns, exercise, diet, etc. The child suffered from chronic pain that they couldn't explain (also has IBD and had colon removed), and I do recall it helped right away when they were still doing everything, but I do know that they still have pain. They thought it was a great program, but the parent was a bit disappointed as most were older teens and had other behavior (teen) type issues that didn't pertain to them and felt too much group time was centered around that. I almost got the picture that it was mostly a self-discipline/behavior modification type of program. Where they teach you how to be good to your body, more or less, and in turn you feel better and have less pain. That is only my interpretation, and I didn't participate, so I am going by what I was told by the parent that went with their child.

I sure hope you find some help from it if you go--AND that your insurance pays for it.