Good News Article

Wow that takes a lot of guts to get out there on the field and keep playing through the black outs.

I just saw recently on tv a basketball player that had to quit playing went to the sideline. Put his head on his coach's shoulder and passed out. They took him out on a gurney. They said it was the second time it had happened I think and I automatically was suspicious of POTS.

How discouraging this can be for all of us but especially when a person has talent and our bodies just start not cooperating with us.

Kudos to everyone here reading and all those who have not yet found us that are fighting this on what ever level they can and persevering through a lot of rough times.

To the good days,

lieze

She clearly has a lot of determination and fight that will serve her well. Her POTS must be fairly well-controlled if she is able to play, although I know from my own experience that fear of relapse keeps me from doing physical things I probably COULD do.

And of course, no amount of determination will overcome the physical disability of severe POTS, as we all know!

Even though it is neat to read sucess stories, it also is discouraging to know that some people have POTS only to the degree where they can still push themselves though the symptoms. I can push and push and it only makes me worse. If I keep pushing, I end up going backwards. Really strange how some of us have POTS so severe and others have it, but can still physically push themselves.