Tachycardia - Ivabradine

Griffin

I have opened another topic on this which is simpler and more straightforward and better topic title.

It is at http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15048

MODERATORS : can remove this topic

################################################################################

#

I have hypotension and tachycardia.

Recently my cardiologist put me on Ivabradine for the Tachycardia. It took a dose of 7.5mg twice daily to bring my heart rate down to normal. This was a month ago.

Now my heart rate is rising again; I've been measuring it three times a day and it is regularly over 100 - maxing at 128 - so not as bad as before which was maxing at 156. But I am really puzzled - why did the Ivabradine work and now seems as if it is only half working?

I am wondering if there is some underlying cause for the tachycardia which is fighting against the Ivabradine.

I am bitterly disappointed as I was feeling back to normal when the heart rate was back to normal and now I am feeling rubbish again.

My BP seems to be more normal, not so low, which is also a bit of a mystery.

Am seeing my cardiologist at the weekend but I'm not sure he has a handle on all this.

Anyone else had this experience with Ivabradine?