Autonomic Testing

Hi everyone,

I hope that this message finds some people doing well. I have been sick for over 10 years and am a patient of Dr. Grubb's. I adore Dr. Grubb, but unfortunately, he has not been able to help me. I have thought about going elsewhere to have some autonomic testing, since Dr. Grubb only does the tilt table test, and I've never had any other specific autonomic testing.

I'm just not sure where to go or even if the testing would help with treatment. Does have a Valsava maneuver or sweat test really help with treatment or just with diagnosis?

It is very hard for me to travel so I'm not even sure if this is an option.

Also, who has an autonomic testing clinic?

Thanks so much,

Kit

My son had the thermoregulatory sweat test, plus the Tilt Table Test, along with MRI and several gastro tests at Case Western University Hospital in Cleveland. They have a full autonomic lab there. The sweat test showed that my son has small fiber neuropathy. I asked the doctor the significance, and basically it was for further diagnosis.

My sons main problem symptom is nausea. They did lots of gastro testing to find the cause of the nausea, and were able to rule out GI related. They have determined the nausea is neurological. This helps in what drugs to try to help eleviate it.

We have had a great experience there. They are not giving up on trying to help my son. They are very caring doctors. We have made progress with my son. We just got back blood results a couple of weeks ago showing his vitamin D is very low. He is showing improvement with the vitamin D supplement.

On our last visit there, the doctor came and evaluated my son while he was in the hospital to save us time and a trip to his office.