Which Doctor?

Tommyhoney

Hi Everyone,

Hope someone out there is having a peaceful, "feel good" day. I know they are few and far between for most, but love to know that someone's having one.....

So I've been diag'd with Dys. (pots) for two years now. Luckily GI symptoms were managable......but I have noticed for the past year I guess, that I belch more than ever in my life. Even when I wake up, not having eaten for hrs....this is not daily, seems to come and go at will (like everything else)

Over a month ago, I started getting a fluttering at my braline on the left side....thought it too low to be my heart, so must've been muscle, stomach....didn't happen that often so like all of my symptoms I wrote it off.

Now I am having the fluttering more often, sometimes accompanied by a little pain, twinge....and have waken up twice in the past week with hiccups.

My husband is urging me to see a doc, because I so easily write things off too Dysautonomia, but which one? or do I now add a GI to the list? I would be more concerned about it beaing a heart issue.....but am so tired of doctors, and feel so rough right now, not sure what to do.

If it wasn't so difficult to deal with them, I would just go to ER, because the pain is pretty persistent today......Primary Doc, out until Monday, waiting on a call from his nurse for direction.....Sorry for rambling....

Thanks for being here

Tommy

Edited by flop

Hmm, difficult decision! When you get the fluttering and pain do you get any other symptoms at the same time (breathing problems, sweating, belching)? Does anything seem to either trigger the fluttering or help stop the episode? The more information you can give to your PCP on Monday will help them to decide which sort of doc you need to see. Sounds like a GI referal would be perfectly sensible but they may want to check out your heart too so don't be suprised if you get sent to both gastro and cardio doctors!

I hope you get this figured out soon,

Flop

Thanks Flop- yes I had sweats, belching, etc....all the usual suspects. I the docs decided the ER was the place for me afterall.....everything was fine (of course,) and now I just have to go for a stress test. (hahaha)

The reason I was trying to avoid ER- after Cardio on duty assured me he was well versed in the dysauutonomias- I told him how tachy I usually am, and as I'm lying there supine, he says "well, look your heartrate is only 67."

(Thank-You sir, where do I send the check)

Thanks Flop- yes I had sweats, belching, etc....all the usual suspects. I the docs decided the ER was the place for me afterall.....everything was fine (of course,) and now I just have to go for a stress test. (hahaha)

The reason I was trying to avoid ER- after Cardio on duty assured me he was well versed in the dysauutonomias- I told him how tachy I usually am, and as I'm lying there supine, he says "well, look your heartrate is only 67."

(Thank-You sir, where do I send the check)

Thank you Captain Obvious! :( I hate the ER sometimes. Well at least the Er did not find something serious....thats a relief. No answers dont halp either.......but in this world, I think by now we are all pretty used to that. Hope they can figure it out!

~Kelli