Abnormal Lab Results

MommytoSJEA

:wub: I know...goofy us! But its nice to know we are not crazy and that we really are sick. So I had a slew of labs done and I got them back a few days ago. Most of it is alright. ONly the autoimmune stuff came up with abnormal results.

ANACHOICE SCREEN: Positive

ANTI-NUCLEAR AB TITER: very positive at 1:1280

ANA PATTERN: Speckled

VITAMIN D: 4 (yeah very deficient...lol)

Sooooo......of course the first thing Dr latches on is lupus. She wants me to go see a rhummy for further testing to confirm (or maybe to figure out what else it could be).

I did read that it could be a few things with the speckled pattern. I do have many of the sysmptoms of lupus, and not symptoms of the other thins it could be like Sjogrens. I was kinda wondering about Rumatoid Arthritis, but my RA was negative So we will see. Time will tell. Just one more thing to add to the list. But I dont mind because noe we are getting somewhere ya know???

Kelli

had the same (except vit D) when I first got sick and I don't have Lupus. they had to spin out the sample - took a few weeks. Mine was "an unusual speckled pattern". Hopkins determined that I did not have Lupus but 10 years later my ANA is normal and I have dysautonomia.

I know it is great to get some feed back. just wanted to let you know that your #'s can improve and you may not have lupus (which would be good. POTS is enough). Keep us posted and hope you are on your way to doing better!

had the same (except vit D) when I first got sick and I don't have Lupus. they had to spin out the sample - took a few weeks. Mine was "an unusual speckled pattern". Hopkins determined that I did not have Lupus but 10 years later my ANA is normal and I have dysautonomia.

I know it is great to get some feed back. just wanted to let you know that your #'s can improve and you may not have lupus (which would be good. POTS is enough). Keep us posted and hope you are on your way to doing better!

Yeah I know. That would be great! In the words of Dr. House (great TV show!!) IT'S NEVER LUPUS!!!!! Which is what all my friends and family keep jokingly and lovingly telling me :wub:

~Kelli