Question For The Ladies...

Hummingbird

Have any of you undergone fertility treatment... And if so, how did it affect your POTS? My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 6 years. We have decided to pursue fertility treatment again and will most likely do IVF. I am worried that the injectable medications will mess with the POTS. Any experience with this? Thanks!

Well we did about 6 IUI's and one IVF, all unsuccessful. :ph34r: However I had expected to feel worse on the hormones and I actually felt better. Of course I didn't know I had autonomic dysfunction at the time. I had no idea my BP/HR were swinging the way they did. Now that I know what is happening I suspect the blood pooling my have contributed to miscarrying my baby at 7 wks, this is what led to the fertility treatments.

Had I known more what was wrong with me, perhaps the fertility treatment would have been successful. So make sure you that all your medical issues are looked at, treated, and how blood not flowing right may effect conceiving, before spending all that money.

I wish you the best and hope you are successful.