Very Strange About Salt Tablets

Jordan5815

I got those 1 gram salt tablets and let me tell you i started taking these like 4-5 days ago and ever since I have been eating like a pig non stop and am actually gaining weight :ph34r: was 124 now I'm 131 most likely liquid weight but still shows Im putting on weight. I'm also actually holding onto my water now too not going right through me so it's working out and after I sleep I feel "Refreshed" pretty cool stuff I still fall asleep after being up for 6 hours if I have nothing to do but still. I'm sleeping and feeling better instead of sleeping for 12 hours and staying awake for 7 im sleeping for 5 hours and staying away for about 7 :)

I did notice my diastolic blood pressure has risen from 75-77 to 87 should be pretty normal because all the extra food I'm eating + salt tablets?

Just letting everyone know I'm 6 ft tall so I'm still underweight definately don't need to lose weight need to gain!

Anyways other question is someone answered a question in another thread telling me what pandysautonomia is but I've been searching around the web because apparently i have mild pandysautonomia but i don't know if i have the acute type of another kind not much info on it or how to check for the different types.....

it sounds like pandysautonomia basically means generalized because it affects everything in the ans. If you can let me know if any of this stuff would be normal let me know I'm really trying to figure out why the salt has been helping me eat and stuff very strange!

So get back to me about any of the stuff in here.

- John

John,

Can you tell me specifically which salt tablets you're taking? The ones that my son tried are Thermotabs - each one is 180 mg. of sodium. Are you taking tablets that each have 1 gram?? If so, do they bother your stomach at all? Are they the slow-release kind? If yes, where did you get them?

Thanks!

Lenna

John,

Can you tell me specifically which salt tablets you're taking? The ones that my son tried are Thermotabs - each one is 180 mg. of sodium. Are you taking tablets that each have 1 gram?? If so, do they bother your stomach at all? Are they the slow-release kind? If yes, where did you get them?

Thanks!

Lenna

They are called sodium chloride tablets, U.S.P.

whatever that means it sais 1 gm it sais on the back sodium 394mg so there is something else in it to make it a full gram it's called

this is what im taking i bought them at a kroger http://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Chloride-Tabl...s/dp/B000GCN130

John,

THAT is wonderful news. It tells me that your autonomic dysfunction was causing your nausea/inability to eat. As you've treated THAT, your nausea has subsided. I have a teen son, who also struggles with the same issues and putting weight on him is a big deal. Enjoy eating. I KNOW you need to catch up :ph34r:

Salt & extra fluid alone were NOT enough for my son. He also needed florinef to help hold the extra fluid in. If your positive response starts to wane, keep that in mind.

Keep us posted on your progress. Hope it gets better & better!!!

Julie