New Visual Symptoms

flop

Over the last 2 weeks I have developed a new symptom. It only happens occasionally, usually at night when I am outdoors or driving. It can last from a few minutes to several hours.

The easiest way I can describe it is like the function on the computer that puts a "tail" on the mouse icon. If I look at a light then turn my head there will be a fleeting trail of light like a streak. If I move my hand there is a trail of light that follows the image of my hand.

I've never had this before. It is more puzzling than worrying, I can ignore the lights and it doesn't seem to interfear with my vision or ability to drive.

My first thought is that Ivabradine can have visual side-effects so it might be my meds. The Ivabradine leaflet says "more than 1 in 10 people experience luminous visual phenomenon". However I have been on this med for over a year - why would I get a new side-effect after so much time??

Has anyone else had the same symptom?

Has anyone had visual side-effects from Ivabradine (please try to describe what they were like)?

Any ideas of anything else that could be causing this?

I don't think it is enough of a problem to go and see my doctor but I would like to know what is causing it.

Flop