Off Beta Blockers Before Ep Study

Beta Blockers have been my friend...that is for sure. I am going in for an EP study and possible ablation on Monday so they want me off all beta blockers for a few days before hand. I forgot how awful I feel off beta blockers.

no fun! And I am severly debilitated off beta blockers..Can't do anything.

So I just wanted to complain for a minute..there it is..

Happy New Year All!!!

Erika

Complain away, then have a hug (((((Erika)))))!

I remember having to come off beta-blockers before autonomic testing 2 years ago. I discovered that the best thing to do was nothing (and drink lots of water). Just rest as much as you can before the EP study +/- ablation.

Good luck,

Flop

I hear you! Good luck with your EP study and possible ablation.

I'm trying to decide about doing allergy treatments with the same dilemma. The dr. says I have to stop the Beta Blockers for 24 hours around the time I'd get the shots for allergies. It looks like from what some of the info on-line says that POTS people do better sometimes if they get their allergies treated, but the idea of feeling lousy for 24 hours 1-2 days a week while undergoing the allergy treatments, makes me wonder if it'd really be worth it.

Hope you can hang in there while you're weaning off!

Not taking BBs and getting stuck with allergy shots bites! I remember why I take them at least 26 hours every week. That first day stinks, but the next morning is really hard! I feel for you! Coming off is bad enough, but the anticipation of more testing/ablation just cranks it up even further! I agree with flop, do nothing! Just take care of yourself!