What Is A Normal Heart Rate...

People with POTS seem to have an excessive rise in HR on moving, even rolling over in bed puts my HR up about 20 beats.

How much a healthy person's heart rate will rise on exercise (eg climbing stairs) will depend a lot on how fit they are. Very athletic people may not see a rise in HR at all. I guess most peope would see a 10 beat/min rise but if you were very unfit you would expect the body to struggle with the stairs and cause a much higher rise in HR.

This si one of the things that make POTS difficult to compare with normal people, for some things our response is the same as for someone who was deconditioned. It is important to exercise within your capabilities to prevent deconditioning which would make POTS symptoms much worse.

Flop

Thank you!!

Yes...that seems to be the big one for me. I have such a rise in hr. Even if I can get my standing hr a little more under control with bb's, if I do stairs or even sing (not well I might add) my hr soars...I do exercise. I have more muscle tone now than I have in 15 years...but I get soooooooooo sick after exercise. I notice I even walk slower just because I think I know that any rapid movement causes such problems for me.

I suppose it is that whole can't ge the bllod going where it needs to on movement

I looked this up on the net..but had no real findings....so thank you!!

Erika