Can Someone Explain Some Things To Me

lissy

Hi.

I would like to know about these flares I hear mentioned.... I'm pretty consistently sick some days are alittle better than others and when I first got BADLY ill I had more symptoms than a week ago, a few days ago I started having those symptoms I had to begin with IS THAT A FLARE and does that mean my healing process is going to start all over again? Last week I had days that I thought I was going to be healthy again and it lasted for a week then crash!!!!! back at square one its unbelievable and I'm talking back at square one 2 years ago. Its very depressing .

Another thing I posted before and no-one responded:( the more water I drink the more I urinate and the worse I feel is that because I'm losing more salt???? (not taking meds)

ONE more thing is POTS secondary to another diease?

Lissy

I doubt the healing is starting over. I think you can wake up tomorrow and it will be a good day. Or not. This whole process is unpredictable, which is what makes it hard. Did you over do it on the days you felt well? That can cause a set back. Try not to get depressed, tomorrow could be a great day. I have had good and bad days for the last 10 years. I slowly get more good than bad.

The more liquid a person takes in, the more they should urinate. Otherwise you would explode. If you aren't feeling well when drinking a lot, then do try to increase the salt. You might want to drink something other than water. Milk, chocolate milk, juice, especially tomato juice, ice cream float.....if your body has to digest it, it should stay in you longer.

Pots can be secondary to lots of diseases. It is common for older people or people with poor circulation, diabetes, or heart issues to get orthostatic hypotension. For most of us, we don't know if it is secondary to something. Since it is a "syndrome" all that means is the people with the diagnosis have the same symptoms. We may all have different causes.