New In The St. Louis Area

lifesaver

Hi everyone--I have had Dysautonomia for the last 3 years but it was tentatively diagnosed in August and confirmed by a tilt table test this week. Figuring out what type of Dysautonomia I have will be the doctor's next step.

I am almost qualified for SSDI because of Fibromyalgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Sensory Ataxia, and Recurrent Depression. The Dysautonomia didn't even make it on that list. The cause of the Ataxia and maybe the Dys is thyroid disease with permanent nerve damage.

I really want to work again, but teaching high school is no longer an option. What I need right now are medications to relieve the cognitive problems. Writing a simple post like this is difficult. I lose my train of thought and can't find the words I need at times.

I scanned a lot of posts and see many of my symptoms and difficulties already under discussion. It will be very good to get to know everyone and support each other as we learn to live with this disease.

My medical team is based at a St. Louis at a medical school, about a one hour drive from my home in Illinois.

lifesaver

Hi everyone--I have had Dysautonomia for the last 3 years but it was tentatively diagnosed in August and confirmed by a tilt table test this week. Figuring out what type of Dysautonomia I have will be the doctor's next step.

I am almost qualified for SSDI because of Fibromyalgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Sensory Ataxia, and Recurrent Depression. The Dysautonomia didn't even make it on that list. The cause of the Ataxia and maybe the Dys is thyroid disease with permanent nerve damage.

I really want to work again, but teaching high school is no longer an option. What I need right now are medications to relieve the cognitive problems. Writing a simple post like this is difficult. I lose my train of thought and can't find the words I need at times.

I scanned a lot of posts and see many of my symptoms and difficulties already under discussion. It will be very good to get to know everyone and support each other as we learn to live with this disease.

My medical team is based at a St. Louis at a medical school, about a one hour drive from my home in Illinois.

lifesaver