Been Requesting The Same Medical Records For 3 Months!

janiedelite

At our recent meeting with our financial planner, we were told that I needed more life insurance (on me). I laughed inside because I could imagine what the insurance processors will say once they see my book of medical records :( . But my hubby agreed that this was a good idea, so being the good wife I filled out the medical records release forms required by my PCP's office and sent them off in July. A few weeks later, I was told that the forms didn't have the address filled in correctly, so I sent off another set of requests in August only to be told 4 weeks later that the form I sent them was outdated. So I had them fax me a new request form, filled it out, and sent it off September 17th. I even called their office afterward to make sure they received it, and the receptionist said that everything was filled out correctly. So today I get an email from out financial planner, saying there still aren't any records. So I called my Dr's office and was given the phone number for the medical records company they use. The medical records company said they had never received the fax from 9/17, but gave me their direct fax and I sent the request off to them directly. I figured I'd call back my Dr's office because unfortunately this is NOT the first time I've had difficulty getting my records. There must be a problem somewhere in their system that should be fixed. I mean, what if I was really old or super sick? This might just be enough to put me in the grave! So after telling the medical records person in the Dr's office that their records company never received my request, she looked through my file and told me that she never received the request from 9/17 either! Looks like their problem lies with the receptionist never passing on these requests. So I faxed the request for the 5TH TIME to the Dr's office. Just to make sure, I called the receptionist and she said the fax went through :o .

Well, we'll see! :D

You know what's really funny about all of this?... I'll probably never be approved for this life insurance policy anyway! :lol: