Dr. Thomas Chelimsky, Cleveland Ohio Doc

dino551

Hi Everyone-

Just wondering if anyone has seen Dr. Chelimsky at University Hospitals? He diagnosed me with estrogen related dysautonomia in Nov. 2008 and silent migraines. I have had a silent migraine going on since April of this year and it has really kept me homebound. I'm constantly having problems with lights, too much stimulation, noises, smells, dizziness, nausea to really go out by myself. He has recommended for me to be admitted to the hospital for a intravenous dhe treatment for 3 days. Has anyone experienced this treatment? I'm kinda of apprehensive, but desperate at this point. The only other preventative thing they have put me on is verapamill. It has helped, but not completely. Any suggestions, comments, or replies are appreciated. Thanks!

Christine

• 6 years later...

Hi, Hillary,

Sorry that you've got a lot going on right now. This can feel frustrating,I try to remember that when one door closes, another one opens.my pots doc was also booking patients out because there such a demand for them (like a great deal of pots docs) It might help if your refering doctor could get in touch with Dr. C to discuss the severity of your symptoms, your test results, etc. It may help or call the cancellation.

http://www.mcw.edu/Neurology/Faculty/Thomas-Chelimsky-MD.htm His contact info is provided in the link

I believe that Dr. Chelimsky is now at Froedert University, anyone have additional info on this?

I wish I had more personal information to share with you, i'm sorry. Wishing you the best of luck, we're here to offer support if we can. I hope another member may be able to share there exerpeiences with you. just wanted to welcome you to DINET!

Sincerely,

Sarah

I'm not sure but I believe another doc that I see at UH mentioned his name to me but then said he left UH? Anyway, he had nothing but good things to say about Dr. C. He said he is very compassionate and non judgmental. Wishing you the best!

I should have been more specific..I have already seen Dr. Chelimsky.And yes, he is at Froedert in Milwaukee,WI. I am scheduled to see him again in December, along with a physical therapist and an endocrinologist. He is very nice,listens and spends a lot of time with you. Now if we could find something that works for me