Diarrhoea After Meals In Humid Weather/sun Exposure

Machair

Having just returned from holiday I had two bouts of diarrhoea which occured suddenly after meals. I had been sitting in the shade prior to lunch, though the temperature was 31, and it was after eating that I suddenly felt panic stricken and urgent diarrhoea followed.

I have noticed this before on holiday as any form of heat seems to make my gut highly sensitive. My last holiday was much worse than this and it happened all the time.The only way I seemed to have coped is to eat tiny meals and not to sit with the family afterwards in upright chairs.

Does anyone else find that heat makes their gut highly problematic?- and any ideas how to stop this as it is horrid and makes me nervous, and of course you can't rely on it to perform normally. I think it may have something to do with adrenaline and digestion, and of course the intense heat of a hot holiday destination. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hello- this happens to me and I think it helps me to eat less when I am "unsure" of how my body will react. I think some of it is the heat, some is the adrenal action, but it seems worse to me if I have eaten a lot. I now will basically eat only an small amount when I eat out. It also helps me to make sure that a drink a ton!! I will try to have at least 2 large glasses of water before I eat. The adrenal surges alone (without heat or food) also send me running to the bathroom. I hope this helps you. -kari